Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What am I doing?

Yesterday was a much better day with my food than I have had in a long time.  I was actually below my calories, which never happens. LOL I made good choices all day and finished the day feeling quite full which is why I didn't continue eating up to my calorie limit.

So how am I attacking this thing called weight loss?

Basically I am counting calories. Boring, right? 

Yep, completely, but the thing is - it works. So this is what I am doing.

I am on 2000 calories a day based on my height and weight. Depending on which web site you go to I get told I should have anything from 1680 - 2220. But 2000 is a nice round number.  If I do a lot of exercise I will eat more, but only a couple of hundred. Any more than that and I am defeating the purpose of the exercise.

I am also taking an Appetite Suppressant.  It is by NutraFibre and contains Guar Gum, Oat Husk, Pectin & Psyllium.  There are no chemicals or additives. You take 2 capsules half an hour before food with a massive glass of water. the idea is that the fibre expands in your stomach making less room for food.

Most of the time - it works. Sometimes - when I am in a weird starving mood - nothing works.  But I am finding a lot of success with this. The best thing is that it is all natural and it is quite cheap.

I am also trying to eat fresh as much as possible, although it is a steep learning curve to veer away from the ease of processed and pre-packaged food. And obviously I do not eat meat of any kind. Tofu is my friend... LOL  Actually, I really like tofu, as long as it is a good quality organic one. The cheap ones are gross. :)

Today my mindset is pretty good. I ate well yesterday and am feeling good. Let's hope it lasts...

No comments: